Saturday, 21 April 2012

Hot Neon Mattes and Cool Polka Dots

I managed to get the lovely Traci at The Trace Face Philes to send me the fab China Glaze Poolside Collection Neons which had to be worn with a different colour on each nail... like so!





The yellow and orange were a little sheer and there was a bit of VNL even with 4 coats.  Although not sold as matte they have a lovely matte finish to them.  Perfect for such bright neons.


Well, they were just asking for a polka dot touch weren't they?!!





This is only my 2nd or 3rd use of my dotting tools and I think the first time I've used them actually on my nails, not on a nail wheel.  The dots weren't perfect but I was pretty impressed with how they turned out.  I used a random white I had to create the dots.


I had so many compliments on this mani!!!  They really caught peoples' eyes and I kept being asked who had done my nails for me!  So I think I'll have another got at this some time.  Sometimes it's hard to see it properly on your nails, but now I'm looking at it in the pics I'm really pleased!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, a definite way to get your mani noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are very inspiring dear.I just discovered your blog and really like it.! I just shared Arm Candy Party on my blog. If you have a minute, I would love to hear your comment.
    Also, let me know if you want us to follow each other. I will definitely follow you back...

    Blow a Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    O.X.Y.G.E.N.on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete